Thursday, October 25, 2007

Nova

Like so many others, I came to Japan to work as an english conversation instructor for what was then the biggest employer of foreign nationals in Japan, Nova. There were evident dodgy business practices, and daily frustrations with administration, but for my 2.5 years that I worked there, I learned a lot and had a great time. Seems that the bubble has really burst for them now, even my old school has closed.. :(

This video was from a month or two ago but the most recent rumblings have included: sudden school closures nationwide, the co-founder and highest level foreigner resigning, the losing of ALT dispatch contracts, teachers salaries being withheld and in some cases, rent not being paid on their apartments to the point where they are being evicted etc etc..

No comments: