Friday, July 25, 2008

Flea Market city..

Allegedly, Flea Markets earned their name from the flea infested clothes and rags sold at an outdoor bazaar held in the northern suburbs of Paris in the late 17th century. Today, the tradition continues, hopefully minus the fleas of course, most weekends at the events part of Yoyogi park. These pics were taken last Monday, which was a public holiday here in Japan, and as you can see the market was very well attended despite the searing heat and humidity..

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So what's the dealio with the heat... I've been to this flee market last year at the end of September. It was supposed to be cool enough... I was broiling!
I was walking around Tokyo in my flip flops, hawaiian bathing suit and white T shirt... buying a bottle of water every five yards and cursing the gods between one tissue wipe at my forehead and the other!!!