Sunday, May 31, 2009

Oktoberfest '09..

Yep: Oktoberfest in Tokyo, in May..

Headed over to Hibiya park on Saturday for my first ever Oktoberfest experience and right from the first tall Munchner Weisse I knew I'd made the right choice. Beer and sausage enthusiasts have been swarming down here all month, and while it was certainly packed, and difficult to find a table, the lines for the beer and food weren't too bad at all. We sat for a while while sampling the said brew, and then headed over to the stage area for what turned out to be truly one of the most entertaining and interactive performances I've seen. The lederhosen-clad, croth-grabbing German natives plowed through their set, partaking in the amber where they could and generally sending the crowd into an ever escalating state of feverish excitement. In short, Oktoberfest was awesome..























4 comments:

Unknown said...

That is really cool seeing Oktoberfest in Japan, of course I see it here in Canada every year because we hold the 2nd largest Oktoberfest in the world :)

We Fly Spitfires said...

I never figured Japanese people for beer and sausage :) Awesome photos. Keep blogging!

ukifune said...

Looks fun! I wanna hang out with you in Tokyo, you know where all the parties are at, ne?

Anonymous said...

cool photos! wow Oktoberfest in Tokyo and I though Oktoberfest in the Philippines was already weird :D